The quality of the pupils’ academic and other achievements is excellent
- Pupils show excellent subject knowledge, understanding and skills across all areas of the curriculum facilitated by very good teacher knowledge and planning.
- Pupils’ study skills are excellent. They concentrate extremely well in their lessons
- Pupils’ attitudes to work are outstanding. They are extremely focused and show a very high desire to achieve in whatever activity in which they are involved.
- Pupils’ knowledge and skills in numeracy are high
The quality of the pupils’ personal development is excellent
- Pupils display a high level of maturity in making decisions which affect their future. Pupils have an excellent ability to judge what is right and wrong and act accordingly.
- In all age-groups pupils are unfailingly polite, courteous and pleasantly confident. Their attitude to learning is enhanced by a strong degree of resilience; their first action on encountering a problem is to try to work it out for themselves rather than ask.
- Pupils’ social skills are of a high quality because leaders and governors have high expectations and have worked hard to ensure that these are embedded.
Please note that reports from both the Independent Schools Inspectorate and the Good Schools Guide were commissioned prior to the School’s merger with John Lyon School. Quainton Hall has since become John Lyon’s Prep School.
What The Good Schools Guide says…
- The curriculum, delivered by knowledgeable and experienced staff, runs roughly along National Curriculum lines, but one step ahead.
- A positive, upbeat school with high academic standards and a warm family atmosphere, producing well-balanced, confident all-rounders.
- Good range of clubs from reception, and working parents welcome the wrap-around care – as well as the overall family atmosphere.