The quality of the pupils’ academic and other achievements is excellent
- Pupils show excellent subject knowledge, understanding and skills across all areas of the curriculum facilitated by very good teacher knowledge and planning.
- Pupils’ study skills are excellent. They concentrate extremely well in their lessons
- Pupils’ attitudes to work are outstanding. They are extremely focused and show a very high desire to achieve in whatever activity in which they are involved.
- Pupils’ knowledge and skills in numeracy are high
The quality of the pupils’ personal development is excellent
- Pupils display a high level of maturity in making decisions which affect their future. Pupils have an excellent ability to judge what is right and wrong and act accordingly.
- In all age-groups pupils are unfailingly polite, courteous and pleasantly confident. Their attitude to learning is enhanced by a strong degree of resilience; their first action on encountering a problem is to try to work it out for themselves rather than ask.
- Pupils’ social skills are of a high quality because leaders and governors have high expectations and have worked hard to ensure that these are embedded.
What The Good Schools Guide says…
- The curriculum, delivered by knowledgeable and experienced staff, runs roughly along National Curriculum lines, but one step ahead.
- A positive, upbeat school with high academic standards and a warm family atmosphere, producing well-balanced, confident all-rounders.
- Good range of clubs from reception, and working parents welcome the wrap-around care – as well as the overall family atmosphere.